Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Dear Andy Claus,
I have been a good boy this year. I have watched every Eagles game. I even read all 6,000 stories about T.O.!
And even though some of my friends laugh at me for still believing in you, I know you haven't lost your magic. I still believe! I really do!
Well, as long as you bring me the right presents.
I have a list.
I'm not in a big rush. You don't have to deliver them this year. Just by opening game next year. Except for No. 11. That's for soon. And No. 12. That's for later.
Anyway, here's my list.
1. A stud defensive end.
2. A tall, fast, strong wide receiver.
3. A healthy quarterback empowered with audible authority and packages of hurry-up plays for 2-minute drills.
4. A fullback who can block and catch really, really well.
5. A running game.
6. Better linebackers.
7. A backup quarterback who can play.
8. More candid answers at press conferences.
9. Better time management.
10. A full refund for my T.O. jersey.
11. Free beer to get fans through the rest of this season.
12. And, of course, a Super Bowl victory next season, please, please, please?
I will leave out cookies and milk again, plus carrots for your reindeer. You can have the carrots, though, if you're sticking to your diet.
Thanks, Andy Claus! I really want to believe.
ps. You won't recall holding Liam Campiglia, then 15 months, of Haddonfield, for the "photo" above. See, I kinda put your face from an AP picture onto one The Inquirer's David M Warren shot last year at Cherry Hill Mall.
pps. I also have some friends with their own ideas. They'll post their wishes below.