Morning News
and more from the Philadelphia Inquirer.



The Inquirer
• Home page
• Front page
• Local • U.S. & world
• Sports • Business
• Arts / Lifestyles
• Weekend • Q&As



philly.com
• Breaking news all day
• Blogs & podcasts


What Is Early Word?
The Philadelphia Inquirer's experimental online "morning show", which began in Sept. 2005, went on hiatus in the summer of 2006, after a gradual shift to putting more of its content directly on Philly.com.



About the Host
Peter Mucha, husband and father of two, grew up in Cherry Hill and is a lifelong Philly sports fan. He's been writing and editing for The Inquirer for 18 years. His motto (at least for today): "If I'm not brief, give me grief."

View Blogger profile.

Tip on posting comments: After you click a comment link, select "other" or "anonymous" in the pop-up box. That way, you won't be asked for a password.





Early Word logo
The Inquirer's ever-evolving way to start your day. Email. Phone: 215-854-2388.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Rose Apology Balls? What Could Baseballs Say Next? 

Pete Rose signed some baseballs, "I'm sorry I bet on baseball. Pete Rose." And 30 of them will be auctioned off next year. Now he denies he knew they'd be re-sold. What's next? Autographs that say ...

I'm sorry I sold baseballs that said, 'I'm sorry I bet on baseball.' Pete Rose.

Sorry I can't hit with two strikes, except that once off Roger Clemens. Pat Burrell.

I'm sorry I was an ostrich about steroids. Bud Selig.

I'm sorry I messed up clock management in the Super Bowl. I take full responsibility for that. Andy Reid.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Hillary, how many times do I have to say I'm sorry? Bill Clinton.

Phinish the Phrase:

An apology autograph I'd like to see is ...


Go to: Early Word = Philadelphia Inquirer = philly.com = Lighter Side

Most Recent Posts
• And the Winning Ryan Howard Nickname Is ...

• A Reality Show They Oughta Do Is ...

• Let Top 2 Nicknames Go Head to Head

• Ryan Howard Nickname Showdown Poll

• For Ryan Out Loud, Baby Phat & Lethal Weapon 6 Are...

• How About Some Eagles Nicknames?

• Inspired new nickname for Ryan Howard?

• Ryan Howard Nickname Poll, Round 2

• The Next 'Rocky' Money-Making Idea Is ...

• Need Nicknames for Howard, McNabb?




 Early Word Archives

   •  September 11, 2005
   •  September 18, 2005
   •  September 25, 2005
   •  October 02, 2005
   •  October 09, 2005
   •  October 16, 2005
   •  October 23, 2005
   •  October 30, 2005
   •  November 06, 2005
   •  November 13, 2005
   •  November 20, 2005
   •  November 27, 2005
   •  December 04, 2005
   •  December 11, 2005
   •  December 18, 2005
   •  January 01, 2006
   •  January 08, 2006
   •  January 15, 2006
   •  January 22, 2006
   •  January 29, 2006
   •  February 05, 2006
   •  February 12, 2006
   •  February 19, 2006
   •  February 26, 2006
   •  March 05, 2006
   •  March 12, 2006
   •  March 19, 2006
   •  March 26, 2006
   •  April 02, 2006
   •  April 09, 2006
   •  April 16, 2006
   •  April 23, 2006
   •  April 30, 2006
   •  May 07, 2006
   •  May 14, 2006
   •  May 21, 2006
   •  May 28, 2006
   •  June 04, 2006
   •  June 11, 2006
   •  June 18, 2006
   •  June 25, 2006
   •  July 02, 2006
   •  July 09, 2006
   •  July 16, 2006
   •  July 30, 2006
   •  August 06, 2006
   •  August 13, 2006
   •  August 27, 2006
   •  September 03, 2006
   •  September 10, 2006
   •  September 17, 2006
   •  December 31, 2006
   •  April 29, 2012


Philadelphia
Sports Links

General philly.com sports • Inquirer, Daily News columnists • 610WIP • WPEN • Comcast SportsNet • NBC10 • CBS3 • 6ABC
Football philly.com football • Philadelphia Eagles • Soul
Basketball philly.com basketball • Sixers
Ice Hockey philly.com hockey • Flyers • Phantoms
Baseball philly.com baseball • Phillies • Camden River Sharks • Wilmington Blue Rocks • Reading Phillies • Trenton Thunder • Atlantic City Surf • Scranton-Wilkes Barre Red Barons
More Sports philly.com golf • philly.com colleges • philly.com high schools • Kixx • Wings